Tuberculosis Summary is organized by CEUfast, Inc.
This course will be updated or discontinued on or before Monday, September 30, 2019
This course is applicable for the following professions:
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP), Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA), Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN), Nursing Student, Registered Nurse (RN), Respiratory Therapist (RT).
• 2.00 Contact Hours
• 2.00 Pharmacology Hours
The course covers how to diagnosis and treat of tuberculosis. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to discuss the criteria used to diagnose tuberculosis, and know how to differentiate groups susceptible to primary tuberculosis versus reactivation of latent tuberculosis. You will also learn about prevention and drug treatment for primary, latent and drug-resistant tuberculosis.
The purpose of this course is to update the healthcare professional on current diagnosis and treatment of tuberculosis.
• Discuss the four criteriaDiscuss the four criteria used to diagnose TB.
• Identify groups susceptible to primary TB and reactivation of latent TB
• Discuss methods of screening for latent TB
• Discuss basic principles of drug therapy for the treatment of primary TB, latent TB and drug-resistant TB.
• Apply methods of TB prevention and control. used to diagnose TB.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Infectious Disease, Pulmonary Medicine