Trauma-Informed Primary Care: Fostering Resilience in Our Patients and Ourselves (Recorded at Pri-Med Southwest)
Trauma-Informed Primary Care: Fostering Resilience in Our Patients and Ourselves (Recorded at Pri-Med Southwest) is organized by Pri-Med and will be held from May 03, 2019 - May 03, 2022.
1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™.
Many patients seen in primary care settings have experienced gender-based violence, such as intimate partner violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking. National guidelines recommend screening women of reproductive age for intimate partner violence, yet health professionals often find it challenging to identify and then address the healthcare needs of violence survivors. This case-based discussion will describe the prevalence and health consequences of gender-based violence. You will learn best practice strategies for providing trauma-informed care in your own clinical practice.
• Describe diverse presentations of patients experiencing gender-based violence
• Recognize barriers for patient disclosure of gender-based violence
• Summarize national clinical guidelines and relevant laws when addressing gender-based violence in clinical practice
• Demonstrate the ability to incorporate effective, evidence-based and trauma-informed strategies into routine identification and intervention(s) for a survivor of violence.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
End of life care
- CME : 1
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine