Trauma in Institutionalized American Youth - webcast is organized by The American Psychiatric Association (APA) and will be held during Apr 01, 2017 - Feb 01, 2020.
The target audience for this medical event is Psychiatrists and Residents/Fellows. The APA designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
This practice continues even with a lack of evidence for benefit from RTFs, high rates of prior traumatization among youth in RTFs and recent investigations of abuses within RTFs. This presentation examines the placement of youth RTFs in the United States, the evidence around mental health needs and the trauma histories of youths served, and the policy and system reforms needed to address the adverse consequences of this practice.
• Describe the connection between America’s history of institutionalization and the prevailing treatment models of children with mental illness.
• Identify barriers to children’s mental health services and pathways to institutionalization.
• Examine the effects of trauma and re-traumatization in residential treatment facilities and present successful alternatives.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Activity Payment Details
Reviews Given by Professionals
Browse by Specialty (Online CME/CE Only) View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine