CME : 2.5
Traditional Chinese Medicine: An Ancient Approach to Healing is organized by ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC and will be held from May 12, 2018 - Feb 05, 2021.
The target audience for this medical event is Nurses, health care professionals, and interested individuals. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 2.50 Contact Hours.
Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) is one of the oldest professional continuously practiced medical systems in the world, with origins dating back more than 3,000 years. TCM emphasizes the holistic view of the human being and encompasses many different treatment modalities such as acupuncture, acupressure, herbal medicine, and Qigong.
The outcome of this course is for the learner to provide an overview of traditional Chinese medicine, the role of the basic substances and the meridian system in health as well as causes of disharmony, types of diagnostic methods, and common treatment methods.
• Advance Practice
• Behavioral Health
• Community Health
• Complementary and Alternative Health
• Cultural Competency
• Healing Environments
• Holistic Health
• Integrative Health
• Men’s Health
• Social Work
• Stress Management
• Women's Health
• Describe the differences between viewpoints in Western medicine and traditional Chinese medicine (TCM).
• Compare and contrast the concepts of yin and yang.
• Discuss the five elements of five elements theory and explain their characteristics.
• State the characteristics of the basic substances of qi, jing, blood, body fluids, and shen.
• Describe the role of the basic substances in the body.
• Identify the organs of the zang-fu system and describe their functions.
• Explain the meridian or channel system and its role in TCM.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Contact Hours 2
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine