Touch Therapy: An Introduction to Infant Massage Course
Touch Therapy: An Introduction to Infant Massage Course is organized by HomeCEU. THis Course has been approved for a maximum of 8 Contact Hours.
Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistant, Massage Therapists.
This course will teach the importance of touch therapy and how babies benefit through this form of loving communication. The instructor will introduce both parents and professionals to the health advantages and improved brain development that has been contributed to infant massage. A history of infant massage will be presented, with pioneers of infant massage -both in the United States and globally - will also be introduced. Discussion will include how to read baby's cues that will help parents assist their baby into the most optimal state to receive massage. The instructor will demonstrate body strokes and the purpose of each, whether to stimulate or relax, or to ease “tummy troubles” such as gas, colic, and constipation. The discussion will also include infant massage for the special needs baby or baby in the NICU. Note: This course is not a certification course. Those interested in teaching infant massage or working in the NICU should continue to a certification course.
This course is intended to instruct the professional on the benefits to the health advantages and improved brain development that has been contributed to infant massage
At the end of this course the participant will be able to:
• Define infant massage.
• Identify the pioneers of infant massage in the USA.
• Recognize differences and use of infant massage.
• List the need for touch in brain development.
• Describe how infant massage benefits typical infants
• Describe how infant massage benefits caregivers.
• Describe how infant massage benefits premature and special needs infants.
• List the hormones released to both infants and caregivers during infant massage.
• Identify baby cues and “readiness” cues for massage
- Contact Hours : 8
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Clinical Pharmacology