Topics in Risk Management 6th Edition is organized by Ebix | Oakstone Publishing, LLC and will be held during Aug 15, 2017 - Aug 15, 2020.
The target audience for this medical event is Physicians and others interested in the education of risk management and health care ethics. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
When it comes to managing risk, staying informed of the latest best practices helps you protect both your patients and your practice. Directed by Richard P. Kidwell, JD, Senior Associate Counsel/VP Risk Management, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, the program features other leading medicolegal experts who deliver valuable information covering important areas in risk management and health care ethics to give you:
• An understanding of how economist experts for the defense and for the plaintiff approach and calculate the compensatory damages awarded by juries in medical malpractice cases.
• Ten practical rules and numerous other tips to help defendant doctors effectively prepare for a deposition, which is their best opportunity to influence the outcome of a malpractice case.
• An introduction to intermediation, a formalized process to help resolve ongoing pre-claim conflicts between patients/families and their care providers. All involved parties give high marks to intermediation as a way to resolve conflicts.
• An insight into the numerous conflict-resolution resources that ethics committees provide in health care settings as well as the four ethical principles that guide their recommendations.
Learning Objectives :
• Discuss the difficulties encountered in calculating future medical expenses for the plaintiff in a medical malpractice case.
• Discuss the importance of creating a timeline to depict the sequence of events and care rendered as part of the preparations for a deposition in a medical malpractice case.
• Summarize the main ethical principles used by ethicists to help guide their decisions.
• Discuss the effect of simultaneous surgeries on the risk of surgical complications.
• Describe the important characteristics of mediators hired to mediate disputes for an intermediation program.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Risk Management and Medical Negligence