Therapeutic Exercise: Moving Toward Function: Module 4: Special Physiologic Considerations in Therapeutic Exercise
Therapeutic Exercise: Moving Toward Function: Module 4: Special Physiologic Considerations in Therapeutic Exercise is organized by HomeCEU. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 10 Contact Hours.
Athletic Trainers, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants, Physcial Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants.
Therapeutic Exercise: Moving Toward Function, Third Edition by Lori Thein Brody and Carrie M. Hall provides a conceptual framework for learning how to make clinical decisions regarding the prescription of therapeutic exercise—from deciding which exercise(s) to teach, to how to teach them, to the dosage required for the best outcome. Readers will learn how to use therapeutic exercise and related interventions to treat the impairments that correlate to functional limitations and disability and to work toward optimal function.
This course is intended to instruct the professional through a self-paced study on Therapeutic Exercise.
At the end of this course the professional will be able to
• Define how range of motion, muscle length, and joint mobility contribute to impaired posture and movement.
• Identify the development deviations in posture of the feet, knees, hips and lumbopelvic region.
• Identify three ways to assess a patient’s level of pain.
• Summarize 3 adjunctive agents for treating chronic pain.
• Explain the four major phases of healing an acute injury.
• Summarize the physiological changes related to pregnancy.
• Recount the four causes of back pain during pregnancy and one treatment option for each.
• Discuss the three PNF techniques to promote movement, facilitate stability or gain ROM.
• Describe the 2 types of kinetic chains as observed by Steindler in the 1950’s.
• Explain the effects of buoyancy and viscosity on movement.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
- Contact Hours : 10
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine