Cannabis Medicine - The Institute of Emerging Health Professions
Cannabis Medicine - The Institute of Emerging Health Professions is organized by Thomas Jefferson University (TJU).
Program Start Date: May 10, 2021
Program Length: 1 Year
• Pathology Potentially Responsive to Cannabis - 3 Credit Hours
• Conventional & Cannabinoid Therapy of Disease - 3 Credit Hours
• Health Implications of Medicinal Cannabis - 3 Credit Hours
The legal cannabis industry is projected to be one of the fastest growing sectors of the US economy over the next decade. There are, however, few educational programs that prepare scientists, researchers, and clinicians to join this burgeoning field.
Cannabis – as marijuana – has traditionally been included in the educational curricula of health care professionals only as a drug of abuse. In recent years, much has been learned about the endocannabinoid system and the physiological impacts of both endogenous and exogenous cannabinoids. In this certificate program, gaining an understanding of the science underlying endocannabinoids, phytocannabinoids, and synthetic cannabinoids as well as their clinical applications will help to close the educational gap. Expert faculty will provide a didactic and interactive experience for health care professionals who choose to obtain the fully accredited Certificate in Cannabis Medicine from Thomas Jefferson University, one of the most highly respected health sciences universities in the United States.
Through participation of this course students will:
• Apply clinical and basic sciences knowledge to identify appropriate cannabis therapies for specific medical conditions.
• Explain mechanisms of action, functional roles, and absorption/distribution/metabolism/excretion of cannabinoids in humans.
• Determine medical cannabis/cannabinoids proper administration and safe dosing, and identify its physical, psychiatric and psychological effects.
- Credit Hour : 9
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine