CME : 4.25
The Institute for Laser & Light-Based Technology - Foundations of Laser & Light is organized by XMedica and will be during Jan 25, 2018 - Jan 08, 2020.
The target audience for this medical event is primarily intended and designed to educate physicians, physicians assistants, nurses and aestheticians who utilize medical lasers in their practice. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 4.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
The Foundations of Laser & Light program provides comprehensive base knowledge in laser physics and laser safety to physicians, nurses and other healthcare providers who utilize medical laser systems in the care of their patients. This program is structured to comply with the Training Programs / Certification and Credentialing recommended by ANSI Z136.3, 2011 “American National Standard for the Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care” Section 5.2.2 and 5.2.3.
The Foundations course provides information regarding:
• Applied laser physics and the most common wavelength and modality lasers used in aesthetics
• Biophysics of laser tissue interaction
• Clinical applications related to the aesthetic use of lasers
• Laser safety issues
• Regulatory and non-regulatory agencies and how they relate to individual practice settings and the health care provider
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
• List commonly used laser wavelengths currently used in medicine
• Identify the properties of laser light
• Discuss specific tissue reaction associated with each laser parameter and how they work together
• Conceptually explain how lasers work
• Recognize and describe the types of hazards related to the medical laser
• Identify two regulatory agencies involved in the use of lasers
• Explain the safety precautions and procedures recommended by ANSI
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Aesthetic Medicine, Nurse anesthesia
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine