The Difficult Airway Course: Virtual 2021
The Difficult Airway Course: Virtual 2021 is organized by Airway Management Education Center (AMEC) and will be held from Jan 01 - Dec 31, 2021.
AMA CME Credit:
SCP Health designates this enduring material for a maximum of 14.75 AMA PRA Category I Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity was originally released on February 19, 2021, last reviewed on February 19, 2021 and expires on February 19, 2024.
AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category I Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician Assistants may receive a maximum of 14.75 hours of Category I credit for completing this program.
NCCPA accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society.
14.75 Contact Hours have been provided by the Air & Surface Transport Nurses Association Certificate #2021-08. ASTNA is an approved provider for the California Board of Registered Nursing CEP 1357
The Difficult Airway Course: Virtual 2021 is a new on-demand offering enabling you to “attend” our popular live virtual event held this past fall – on your schedule! This powerful program, delivered on our new AMEC eLearning platform, covers the most vital lessons in difficult and failed airway management. Companion live webinars - exclusively offered to program participants - will offer the opportunity to ask questions and learn even more with host, Mike Murphy, MD.
This multi-specialty course featuring our world-renowned faculty of airway experts will deliver:
• Comprehensive foundational experts.
• Short, powerful talks diving into essential airway topics.
• Impactful how-to videos, demonstrating key difficult airway techniques.
• Expert panel discussions featuring challenging airway cases.
The overarching objective of The Difficult Airway Course portfolio of educational offerings is to present a conceptual and practical evidence-based framework for the evaluation and management of patients with a difficult and/or failed airway. This approach accommodates contextual and experiential factors taht impact how patients are managed by different practitioners.
Specific Objectives of The Difficult Airway Course: Virtual 2021 are:
• Identify the potentially difficult airway and recognize the unanticipated difficult and failed airway.
• Determine the appropriate evidence-based, systematic approach for the management of the anatomically and physiologically difficult and failed airway.
• Understand the airway management medications, including their advantages and hazards.
• Recall how to perform the core techniques of difficult & failed airway management, including bag-mask ventilation, extraglottic device use, rapid sequence intubation, awake intubation, and cricothyrotomy.
• Select the appropriate devices and techniques needed to manage difficult and failed airway scenarios, including when and how to use them.
• Recall communication and team leadership techniques to optimize airway management.
• Extrapolate how the information learned from the first three sections of the Course lead to effective difficult and failed airway management.
- CME : 14.75
- Contact Hours : 14.75
Toll free Number