CME : 10
The Difficult Airway Course: Virtual 2020 is organized by Airway Management Education Center (AMEC) and will be held from Oct 16 - 18, 2020. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 10 CME Credits.
The Difficult Airway Course: Virtual 2020 is a powerful, interactive program featuring the most vital lessons in difficult and failed airway management in the COVID-19 era. Join hosts Ron Walls, MD and Michael Murphy, MD and the renowned faculty of The Difficult Airway Course for three half-days of indespensable airway education.
Day 1: Short, powerful airway talks with polling and Q & A sessions.
Day 2: Impactful procedural videos with live discussion and Q & A.
Day 3: Multi-specialty expert panel discussions featuring challenging airway cases.
The Difficult Airway Course: Virtual 2020 is a unique opportunity to learn from colleagues across the airway management spectrum and an ideal way to keep your airway knowledge and skills current - an especially important goal in these challenging times. All from the comfort of your home or office!
Expand how you think about:
• RSI & Pharmacology
• Applying the Airway Algorithms
• Physiology and the Physiologic Difficult Airway
• Pediatric & Obstetrical Airways
• The Anatomically Difficult Airway
• Failed Airway Management
• Awake Intubation & Flexible Endoscopy
• Extubation & Endotracheal Tube Exchange
• Crisis Resource Management / Human Factors
What makes your FIRST attempt your BEST attempt
• Bag Mask Ventilation & Bougie Maneuvers
• Flexible Endoscopic Intubation
• Extraglottic Devices (EGD)
• Laryngoscopy: Direct and Video (Yes, we do teach DL!)
• Surgical Airway — FONA and CICO
• Mike Murphy’s Famous Self-Scope & Personal Anatomy Lesson
• Topicalization and Awake Intubation (ATI)
Benefit from lived experiences
• Upper airway obstruction in a COVID-19+ patient
• The bleeding, traumatized, vomit-filled airway
• Can’t intubate/can’t oxygenate obese patient
• Severe angioedema needing evaluation and possible management
• And more!
Purpose & Objectives:
The overarching objective of The Difficult Airway Course portfolio of educational offerings is to present a conceptual and practical evidence-based framework for the evaluation and management of patients with a difficult and/or failed airway. This approach accommodates contextual and experiential factors that impact how patients are managed by different practitioners.
• Identify the potentially difficult airway.
• Recognize the unanticipated/difficult and failed airway.
• Develop an evidence-based, systematic approach for each of these clinical dilemmas.
• Organize a clear conceptual framework for the management of the anatomically and physiologically difficult and failed airway in all settings.
• Understand the medications, techniques and devices, including their advantages and hazards.
• Familiarize yourself with the devices and techniques needed to manage these clinical dilemmas, and identify when and how to use them.
• Describe the steps of awake intubation.
• Demonstrate proper surgical airway management techniques.
• Describe when and how to use an airway exchange catheter.
• Demonstrate safe extubation and tube exchange techniques.
• Use communication and team leadership techniques to optimize airway management.
The Difficult Airway Course: Virtual 2020 is intended for all healthcare providers tasked with management of the difficult and failed airway. This includes Emergency Physicians, Anesthesiologists, Intensivists, Hospitalists, Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA), Physician Assistants, Respiratory Therapists, Paramedics, Flight Nurses, and Critical Care Transport Nurses.
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Regular Tuition Fee||18 Oct,2020||USD 300.00|
|Bronze Tuition Fee||18 Oct,2020||USD 100.00|
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine