The Basics of Breathing in Rehab Course
The Basics of Breathing in Rehab Course is organized by PT Seminars.
1.5 contact hrs
How much do you know about breathing? You know we cannot survive without oxygen but is that all breathing is good for? You and your patients practice it 20,000 times a day yet we often pay it very little attention. Breathing is a simple yet profound means to influence how our clients move and perceive, reduce their symptoms, and often eliminate sources of dysfunction. By using the principles established in this course (such as position, exhalation, pause, and rhythmicity) you will be able to apply the basics of breathing in a rehabilitation setting to improve clients’ movements, calm their sensitive nervous systems, and begin to understand why breathing has been a central component of health practices dating thousand of years.
This online certificate course for Physical Therapists/PTA’s, Occupational Therapists/COTA’s, and ATC’s , is a learning module taught by on-demand streaming video. At the end of the course there will be a quiz. Upon successful completion of the quiz, a certificate confirming completion of the The Basics of Breathing in Rehab Course will be issued.
• Identify the relationship between breathing, movement, and the nervous system
• Identify the difference between functional and dysfunctional breathing patterns
• Identify how breathing patterns affect movement and can alter pain
• Identify ways to use breathing to aid and, in many cases, resolve orthopedic dysfunction with specific strategies
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
- Contact Hours : 1.5
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine