The Abnormal Female Pelvis is organized by Philips Learning Center and will be held from Nov 27, 2018 - May 27, 2019. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 2.50 Credits.
Course: Pathology, Ultrasound, Women's Health
This tutorial contains information on benign and malignant neoplasms of the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, and cervix. This overview of the most common forms of neoplasms, epidemiology, signs and symptoms, treatment and prognosis of malignant disease.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
• List benign and malignant neoplasms of the vagina, cervix, uterus, and ovaries.
• Describe the sonographic imaging appearance of benign and malignant neoplasms of the female reproductive organs.
• Summarize the results of surgery and trauma to the uterus i.e synechiae, uterine dehiscence.
• List types of ovarian cysts, cause, and their sonographic appearance.
• Explain the results and imaging appearance of ovarian torsion.
• Associate endometrial carcinoma with its risk factors, imaging appearance, and prognosis.
• Distinguish the difference between a liomyoma and leiomyosarcoma.
• Identify fallopian tube carcinoma risk factors, imaging characteristics, and long-term prognosis.
• Identify common risk factors for ovarian cancer.
• Describe the treatment and prognosis of ovarian cancer.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery