Swallowing Therapy and Electrical Stimulation Course
Swallowing Therapy and Electrical Stimulation Course is organized by HomeCEU.
Speech Language Pathologist
Contact Hours: 2
Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES, EStim) in dysphagia is a controversial topic in the field of speech language pathology. Speech therapists currently use Estim devices in the clinical setting to assist patients with swallowing disorders. However, there are both benefits and risks associated with the use of these devices in swallowing therapy. Furthermore, how much training is necessary for therapists to be considered competent in using this modality and to ensure safety for the patients?
This program provides information on how to determine if Estim is something that the speech therapist wants to add to their therapy tool box. Research related to advantages and disadvantages and case samples are provided so participants are able to understand how this treatment modality can impact their treatment sessions.
This course is intended to instruct the professional on how to determine if Estim is something that the speech therapist wants to add to their therapy tool box
At the end of this course the participant will be able to:
• Identify EStim and how to determine if it is safe to use with swallowing patients
• Recall how the swallowing process can be negatively impacted.
• Explain how EStim can impact swallowing patients
• Identify positive and negative research regarding EStim and dysphagia therapy.
• Recognize the necessary components of therapy documentation and billing for EStim with swallowing patients.
• Recall the precautions and contraindications of EStim with swallowing
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
- Contact Hours : 2
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine