Support of the Childbearing Family Through Education is organized by Nurse.com - OnCourse Learning Corporation and will be held from Apr 02, 2015 - Sep 24, 2021. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 2.20 Contact Hours.
The nurse who cares for the laboring patient should understand what information is being taught to support a patient and her family's wishes appropriately. This course explains the history of childbirth education, current childbirth options, the birth plan and managing pain during labor.
The goal of this childbirth educator continuing education module is to increase the knowledge of nurses who are caring for the patient who has completed a childbirth education course by explaining current trends and topics.
After studying the information presented here, you will be able to:
• State the originating founders of childbirth education in the U.S.
• Summarize the role of the childbirth educator
• Identify three methods of childbirth education
• Integrate the knowledge base of the patient into a patient-centered model of care
• Discuss pain management options during labor
• Define two methods of collaboration between the childbirth educator and the labor and delivery nurse
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available