Suicide Prevention Training Course
Suicide Prevention Training Course is organized by University of Washington Continuing Nursing Education (UWCNE).
• 6.50 Contact hours
This online course meets the requirement for the State of Washington mandatory suicide prevention training for nurses (RCW 43.70.442) and has been approved by the Washington State Department of Health. Whether or not the focus of this required training is immediately applicable to your role in nursing, we hope you will learn about strategies and resources you can share with people in crisis.
• Introduction (Perspective, Attitudes, Context)
• Assessment (Risk Factors, Protective Factors, Sample Assessment Questions, Risk Assessment for Safety Planning)
• Management and Treatment (The Safety Plan, Short and Long Term Interventions)
• Additional Topics (Role of Nurses, Self-Injury, Cultural Considerations, Postvention)
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
• Describe risk and protective factors influencing suicide risk.
• Discuss facilitators and barriers to implementing suicide prevention measures.
• Demonstrate suicide risk assessment, treatment and management skills.
• Apply suicide risk assessment, treatment and management strategies to case scenarios.
✔Suicide Assessment & Prevention
Suicide Assessment & Prevention
- Contact Hours : 6.5
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine