Stroke: Comprehensive Acute Stroke Care is organized by Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc.
Expiration Date: August 1, 2022
Contact Hours: 9
Bestseller CE course! Stroke CEU course includes anatomical alterations, pathophysiology, diagnosis, prehospital and ED evaluation, treatment options. The course provides an emphasis on acute care and initial rehabilitation for patients who have experienced a stroke.
Learning Outcome and Objectives:
Upon completion of this continuing education course, you will demonstrate an understanding of the anatomical alterations, pathophysiology, diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment options, emphasizing acute care and initial rehabilitation, for patients who have experienced a stroke. Specific learning objectives to address potential knowledge gaps include:
• Review stroke epidemiology.
• Identify risk factors and triggers for stroke.
• Discuss the major classifications of stroke, including pathophysiology and clinical presentation.
• Describe the components of prehospital and emergency department evaluation and management.
• Discuss the guidelines for early treatment and management of patients with acute stroke.
• Identify the complications and associated interventions that may occur during the ICU care of acute stroke patients.
• Summarize hospital nursing management for stroke patients beyond 24 hours.
• Identify assessment, interventions, and goals of physical, occupational, and speech-language stroke rehabilitation in the acute setting.
• List actions to be taken in the prevention of secondary stroke.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants