Sports Nutrition 101 Course is organized by Dietitian Central.
Live Event Date: May 06, 2021
Expiration Date: May 06, 2024
Target Audience: RDs, DTRs, Health Professionals
If you’d like to feel more comfortable counseling clients on sports nutrition, this is the class for you! This talk will help you cut through the numbers and formulas and give you information you can easily work in to your practice. We’ll cover fueling basics – carbs, protein and fat, hydration, pre-, during- and post-training fuel and fluid, electrolytes, specialized proteins - whey, casein and collagen, and sleep. You’ll leave with a sport nutrition foundation that you can use with confidence.
Upon successful completion of this one-hour course, the participant should be able to:
• State the carbohydrate needs of an endurance athlete.
• List 3 sources of electrolytes.
• Explain necessary hydration adjustments for dehydrated athletes.
• Explain the difference between casein and whey.
• State sleep requirements for teenage athletes.