Spiritual Dimensions of Aging is organized by ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC and will be held from May 12, 2018 - May 17, 2020.
The target audience for this medical event is Nurses, health care professionals, and interested individuals. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 2.20 Contact hours. (AOTA CEUs: 0.22)
Aging presents unique challenges to an individual’s spiritual growth, development, and expression. This course explores the relationship between loss, hope, love, sexuality, religion, health, and spirituality in the older adult. In addition, it discusses the roles of spirituality and religion in helping the aging adult cope with personal difficulties, stress, surgery, chronic disease, and cancer. Finally, it considers the importance of cultural wisdom and spiritual elders.
The outcome of this course is for the learner to describe the process of spiritual development in the aging individual.
Course Objectives are :
• Describe the unique spiritual challenges of aging.
• Describe the process of spiritual development in the aging individual.
• Explain the relationship between loss, hope, spirituality, and aging.
• Describe the relationship between love, sexuality, and spirituality in the older adult.
• Explain the relationship between religion, spirituality, aging, and health.
• Identify how spirituality and religion help the aging adult cope with personal difficulties, stress, surgery, chronic illness, and cancer.
• Describe cultural wisdom and the role of spiritual elders.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.