Skin Cancer Education for Primary Care is organized by Virtual Lecture Hall (VLH).
Current CME Approval Period: May 1, 2021 - April 30, 2024
Original Release Date: May 1, 2001
Most Recent Series Review by Author: May 1, 2021
Most Recent Review by CME Sponsor: May 1, 2021
As a result of completing this activity, the participant will be better able to:
• Understand the biology of ultraviolet radiation and methods to protect the skin.
• Demonstrate increased proficiency in the management of potentially malignant skin lesions.
• Make early diagnoses of skin cancers, particularly melanoma.
• Identify, understand, and react to risk factors for skin cancer.
• Develop targeted skin cancer screening and prevention efforts for your patients that are appropriate for each patient's level of skin cancer risk.
• Differentiate between suspicious and benign lesions.
• Manage patients with actinic keratoses, squamous cell carcinoma, and basal cell carcinoma.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.