Safe Means of Administering the Right Therapy Extended Release and Long Acting-Opioids - Get Smart ER/LA is organized by Johns Hopkins Medicine (JHM) and would be held during Nov 30, 2015 - Nov 29, 2018.
Who should participate:
The target audience to complete this program includes any allied health professionals whom will or have prescribed ER/LA opioid analgesics in the past 12 months. This CME Conference has been approved with a maximum of 3.00 CE credit hours/MOC points total.
What to expect:
• Assessing patients for treatment with ER/LA opioids
• Evaluating and initiating opioid therapy
• Managing opioid therapy
• Counseling patients and caregivers about safe opioid use
• Up-to-date drug information about ER/LA opioids
Conference Objectives are :
• Assess patients for treatment with ER/LA opioid analgesics.
• Evaluate and initiate opioid therapy.
• Use ER/LA opioid analgesics appropriately.
• Manage ongoing therapy with ER/LA opioid analgesics.
• Perform effective counseling with patients and caregivers about the safe use of ER/LA opioid analgesics, including proper storage and disposal.
• Identify general and product-specific drug information concerning ER/LA opioid analgesics.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.