Safe and Competent Opioid Prescribing Education (SCOPE) of Pain Online Training is organized by Boston University School of Medicine Continuing Medical Education and will be held during Feb 17, 2016 - Feb 16, 2018.
The target audience for this medical event is Physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, nurses, physician assistants, dentists, and pharmacists. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Conference Description :
SCOPE of Pain is a new 2-hour case-based online educational program that will help you safely and competently prescribe opioid analgesics, if appropriate, to manage your patients with severe chronic pain. Through the case of Mary Williams, a 42-year-old with painful diabetic neuropathy and chronic low back pain, you'll learn how to :
• Decide on appropriateness of opioid analgesics • Assess for opioid misuse risk.
• Counsel patients about opioid safety, risks and benefits.
• Competently monitor patients prescribed opioids for benefit and harm.
• Make decisions on continuing or discontinuing opioid analgesics.
• Safely discontinue opioids when there is too little benefit or too much risk and harm.
Conference Objectives are :
• Employ appropriate assessment, monitoring and documentation strategies to meet best practice standards and medico-legal requirements when treating patients with chronic opioid therapy (COT).
• Apply a practical framework for decision-making on the initiation, dosage modification, and discontinuation of opioid analgesics in the treatment of chronic pain.
• Employ consistent practice tools to adequately assess risk in patients being considered for COT and to effectively manage COT.
• Confidently counsel patients and caregivers about the safe use of opioid medications and communicate about the need for close monitoring.
• Effectively communicate with patients whom you suspect may be misusing opioid analgesics Demonstrate increased understanding of general- and product-specific information of ER/LA opioid analgesics.
Pharmacy and Medicine
Activity Payment Details
Reviews Given by Professionals
Boston University School of Medicine Continuing Medical Education/Continuing Nursing Education (BUSM CME/CNE)View Organizer Details
Live to Virtual Conference
Market your online event to Million plus Healthcare professionals.
Browse by Specialty (Online CME/CE Only) View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine