CE Credits : 7
RiskAware for Dentists, Second Edition Course is organized by Medical Risk Management, Inc. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 7 CE credits.
Course Release Date: 4/1/2013
Course Expiration Date: 3/31/2020
This course is designed for general dentists as well as dental specialists who want to sharpen their risk management skills and already understand the basic concepts of risk management.
Most dental malpractice claims arise from an entirely avoidable lapse in the documentation or communication practices that should have either prevented the error in the first place or led to its identification and correction before the patient was injured. The purpose of this course is to teach you the documentation and communication practices that have been shown to be effective in preventing most dental malpractice claims.
Upon completion of this course, a dentist should be able to:
• List the steps necessary to fulfill your duty to the patient in situations that commonly underlie malpractice claims against dentists.
• Explain how communication failures contribute to most dental malpractice claims.
• Explain the importance of good business management techniques in avoiding malpractice suits.
• Describe the role of teamwork and checklists is preventing dental errors.
• Identify common mistakes that dentists make in documenting treatment records, and how to avoid them.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Dentistry, Risk Management and Medical Negligence
SpecialtiesDentistry, Risk Management and Medical Negligence
CE Credits 5
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine