CE Credits : 8
Risk Management Rounds: Oral Surgery, 2nd Edition is organized by Medical Risk Management, Inc. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 8 CE credits.
Course Release Date: 6/1/2014
Course Expiration Date: 5/31/2021
The risk management issues facing you as an oral surgeon are unique because your practice overlaps both medicine and dentistry and frequently involves extensive collaboration with practitioners of both professions. As such, protecting your patients’ safety and your own legal interests requires that you understand not only your own responsibilities but those of both your dental and medical colleagues, such that you’re prepared to intervene when others fall short in meeting their own obligations.
Upon completion of this course, a doctor should be able to:
• Explain the need for orally reviewing with new patients any written medical history questionnaires or other documents they provide.
• Understand the importance of obtaining and reviewing the patient’s prior medical records.
• Recognize the importance of communicating with the patient’s primary care physician and other care givers.
• List the steps necessary to prevent positive test results from being filed away before they are brought to your attention.
• Describe the duties of an oral surgeon in obtaining informed consent.
• Understand your duty when the patient fails to follow medical advice for follow-up care or testing.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Risk Management and Medical Negligence
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Course Fee||30 May,2021||USD 123.00|
SpecialtiesOral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Risk Management and Medical Negligence
CE Credits 5
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine