Recognizing Impairment in the Workplace for Florida Nurses is organized by Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc.
Expiration Date: June 1, 2020
Contact Hours: 2
Mandatory Florida Nursing Ceu. Recognizing and responding to signs and behaviors that may be associated with impairment in the workplace. Includes information on treatment programs, Florida IPN, and Florida law regarding reporting suspected impairment.
Learning Outcome and Objectives:
Upon completion of this continuing education course, you will be able to recognize and understand how to respond appropriately to signs and behaviors that may be associated with impairment in the workplace. Specific learning objectives include:
• Identify risk factors and signs of impairment in the workplace.
• Analyze barriers to early identification of impaired nurses.
• Describe behaviors that may indicate diversion of controlled substances.
• Understand regulatory mandates that govern discipline and treatment of impaired nurses in Florida.
• Summarize the essential steps to report or refer a nurse who may be impaired.
• Outline the services provided by Intervention Project for Nurses in Florida.
• Outline employer initiatives aimed at prevention and early identification of impairment in the workplace.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.