Quality Improvement for the Hospital Epidemiologist is organized by The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA)
Course Opens: Nov 12, 2018
Course Expires: Feb 01, 2020
These webinars are geared towads Hospital Epidemiologists, Infection Control leaders, Infection Preventionists, and Antimicrobial Stewardship leaders.
5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
The goal of this webinar series is to provide an overview of Quality Improvement terminology, techniques and tools for the Hospital Epidemiologist, and how these can be leveraged to achieve better patient safety and outcomes through the lenses of Antimicrobial Stewardship and Infection Control.
There are 5 Live Webinars in this series:
1. Our Place in Healthcare Quality
Live Webinar on 11/27 from 12:00-1:00 pm
2. We Can’t Do It Alone: Forming, Storming, Norming and Performing with a Team
Live Webinar on 12/11 from 12:00-1:00 pm
3. Our Role in Creating a Culture of Safety
Live Webinar on 1/08 from 12:00-1:00 pm
4. Going from “Who” to “Why”: The Root Cause Analysis
Live Webinar on 1/22 from 12:00-1:00 pm
5. Intelligent Design: Human Factors for Infection Control and Antibiotic Stewardship
Live Webinar on 2/05 from 12:00-1:00 pm
The recorded webinars and PowerPoint presentations will be posted in this course the day after the Live events.
• Discuss ways Quality Improvement methods can increase the effectiveness of the Hospital Epidemiologist.
• Discuss the role that the Hospital Epidemiologist plays in hospital quality and safety.
• Implement strategies to effectively define problems and translate that information to sustainable interventions to prevent healthcare associated infections and reduce antibiotic resistance.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.