Providing Nutritional Education for Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Patients is organized by Dietitian Central.
Live Date: Oct 16, 2018
Expiration Date: Oct 16, 2021
Target Audience: RDs, DTRs, Health Professionals
Number of Credits: 2.0
Today, Bariatric Surgery is one of the most effective treatments for sustained weight loss and to reduce complications brought on by obesity. Several Bariatric surgeries are being performed around the world with the Laparoscopic Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (LVSG) gaining popularity. If you haven't already cared for a patient who has undergone LVSG surgery, it's likely that at some point in your healthcare career you will. I find working in large bariatric program, that many health care providers, nurses, dietitians, residents and interns don't know about the LVSG and how to manage patients Pre-operatively/postoperatively. This webinar is intended to inform you about the importance of Nutritional care preoperatively and postoperatively following LVSG. This webinar is for you if you are seeking nutritional education on LVSG including post-op nutritional issues, diet, vitamin deficiencies, iron deficiency, and long term nutrition.
Upon successful completion of this one-hour course, the participant should be able to:
• Understand nutritional needs for LVSG.
• Understand Post-op Nutritional issues for LVSG.
• Be able to recommend nutritional interventions for Vitamin Deficiencies and toxicity in LVSG.
• Recognize iron deficiency and appropriate nutritional interventions following LVSG.
• Understand the Dietitians role in the bariatric surgery process.
Copyrights © 2023 eMedEvents Corporation, All Rights Reserved.