Prostate Cancer Patient Care: Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment is organized by Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc.
Expiration Date: August 31, 2021
Contact Hours: 8
8-contact-hour oncology CEU course on prostate cancer patient care. Describes screening, diagnosis, treatment, and management of prostate cancer. Covers risks and prevention for prostate cancer and rehabilitation interventions.
Learning Outcome and Objectives:
Upon completion of this course, you will have increased your understanding of the epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of prostate cancer; approaches to prostate cancer screening and diagnosis; and evaluation of nursing and medical interventions for patients with prostate cancer and their significant others. Specific learning objectives include:
• Discuss the epidemiology of prostate cancer.
• Identify the anatomy and physiology of the normal, healthy prostate gland.
• Describe the pathogenesis and risk factors for development of prostate cancer.
• List prostate cancer signs and symptoms.
• Discuss screening, diagnostic testing, grading, and staging of prostate cancer.
• Describe surgical and nonsurgical treatment options, along with their risks and side effects.
• Summarize special concerns and related care for patients undergoing prostate cancer treatment and for their significant others.
• Outline rehabilitation interventions for complications the patient with prostate cancer may experience.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants