Principles of Opioid Prescribing Course
Principles of Opioid Prescribing Course is organized by Thomas Jefferson University (TJU).
Course opens: 07/23/2018
Course expires: 12/31/2020
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In order for medical physician and surgeons, medical physician assistants and nurse-midwives with prescriptive authority to renew their license or prescriptive authority approval for the next renewal period, section 9.1(a)(2) of ABC-MAP requires that they complete at least two (2) hours of continuing education:
• Practices of Prescribing or Dispensing of Opioids (1 hour)
• Pain Management (1 hour), or
• Identification of Addiction (1 hour)
• Describe the CDC guidelines for prescribing opioids for chronic pain
• Discuss risks associated with opioids
• Explain the use of urine drug screening with opioid prescribing
• Discuss screening tools used to assess risk of prescribing opioids
Chronic Pain Management
✔Prescribing of Opioids
Prescribing of Opioids
- CME : 1
This course is designed for healthcare professionals with prescriptive authority to renew their license or prescriptive authority approval for the next renewal period.
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine