Prevention, Treatment, and Recovery from Head and Back Pain Course is organized by HomeCEU. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 8 Contact Hours.
Target Audience :
Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, and Athletic Trainers.
This course, taught by renowned rehabilitation professional James Menz, arms healthcare professionals with a comprehensive approach to assisting clients and includes research and experience-based techniques shown to be effective at treating both head and back pain.
Healthcare professionals will gain an enhanced understanding of crucial structures related to the spine and a deeper knowledge of conditions which contribute to back issues and some of the major pathologies which impede spinal health. They will then be guided in a discussion of major and supporting structures, risk factors that contribute to back pain and injury and key muscles often implicated in cases of back pain.
This course is intended to instruct the professional on a comprehensive approach to assisting clients and includes research and experience-based techniques shown to be effective at treating both head and back pain.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant will be able to:
• Recognize the percentage of Americans over 18 who have had to seek some type of medical intervention in the last five years.
• Identify between fulcrum, torque, translation, force, lever, and plasticity.
• Recognize progression of exercises from a single leg stance.
• Identify 3 large muscles that make up the erector spinae and recognize the IRS muscles.
• Differentiate between the QL and latissimus dorsi, and identify 3 gluteal muscles and their anatomy and functions.
• Identify 5 adductor muscles, 3 hamstring muscles and differentiate between their anatomy and functions.
• Define clock stretch, aponeurosis, subluxation and spondylolisthesis.
• List 4 divisions of the spine and the 31 spinal nerves, disks and their functions.
• List 6 weight bearing exercises and recognize exercises including the Superman and Bird dog.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.