Prevention of Medical Errors for Florida Healthcare Professionals is organized by Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc.
Expiration Date: February 3, 2021
Contact Hours: 2
Florida Nurses Mandatory Course.
This Prevention of Medical Errors CEU fulfills the 2-hour requirement for Florida nurses and other select initial licenses and renewals. Covers causes of medical errors, common errors and how to prevent them, root cause analysis, and Florida's medical error reporting requirements. 24 hour reporting to CE Broker for existing license holders.
Learning Outcome and Objectives:
Upon completion of this course, Florida nurses and other healthcare professionals will understand current, evidence-based interventions to prevent medical errors in the practice setting. Specific learning objectives include:
• Discuss the scope of medical errors in the U.S. healthcare environment.
• Define the terminology associated with medical errors.
• Describe the causes of medical errors.
• Review the most common medical errors and means to prevent them.
• Summarize provider and institutional strategies for preventing medical errors.
• Discuss Florida’s statutory requirements for addressing medical errors.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Healthcare Management, Nursing