Preventing and Responding to Medical Errors is organized by Virtual Lecture Hall (VLH).
Current CME Approval Period: January 1, 2022 - December 31, 2024
Original Release Date: February 29, 2008
Most Recent Review by Author: January 1, 2018
Most Recent Review by CME Sponsor: January 1, 2022
• 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM
• 2.00 Part II MOC points
This course teaches clinicians how to use root cause analysis to respond to adverse events, discuss errors with patients, and recognize potential problems before they produce errors.
As a result of completing this activity, the participant will be better able to:
• Recognize how root causes and other factors contribute to errors and medical adverse events.
• Discern the difference between active and latent causes of medical adverse events.
• Lead and participate in activities that improve patient safety in your health care environment.
• Support the development of a just culture for recognizing and managing errors and adverse events.
• Recognize how errors in medication delivery occur.
• Manage the prompt and open disclosure of a medical error to a patient and their family.
• Monitor local quality indicators, such as infection rates.
• Develop ongoing patient safety improvement efforts based on national standards and guidelines.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Copyrights © 2023 eMedEvents Corporation, All Rights Reserved.