Physical Assessment and Management of the Knee
Physical Assessment and Management of the Knee is organized by DConline.
This six-hour distance based course will provide Doctors of Chiropractic with current information concerning the evaluation and management of the knee. Topics covered will include the history and physical examination, diagnostic imaging, manual therapy, taping, rehabilitation and injury prevention. The course is designed for the general practicing Doctor of Chiropractic. The learner’s participation (time) is actively tracked and logged.
• Physical examination of the knee
• Diagnostic imaging
• Movement pattern assessment
• Manual therapies
• Rehabilitation of knee disorders
• Chiropractic management of knee injuries
In this course, the learner will:
• Review the pathophysiology of knee pathologies.
• Take a focused history pertaining to a knee complaint.
• Describe the known risk factors for ACL injury.
• Perform a physical examination of the knee joint.
• Apply the Ottawa Knee Guidelines to their clinical practice.
• Properly document mobilization at the knee joint by Maitland’s Grades.
• Indicate which advanced imaging techniques may be appropriate for differential diagnosis of the knee.
• Distinguish abnormal radiographic findings from normal anatomy.
• Describe basic rehabilitation concepts relevant to the knee joint.
• Learn about commonly encountered knee conditions.
• Review the art of history taking as it specifically relates to the knee.
• Know the standard of care concerning the physical examination of the patient with a knee complaint.
• Analyze the history and physical examination to determine a chiropractic care plan.
- CEUs : 6
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine