Pharmacology for the Rehabilitation Professional Spotlight: Sedative, GI, Cancer, Antibiotics and Supplement Updates is organized by HomeCEU. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 2 Contact hours
Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant and Speech Language Pathologist
A continuation of Pharmacology: Landmines in Rehabilitation addressing the ongoing issues of rehab professionals needing to recognize and document medication side effects, but not receiving much information in their entry level curriculums. This two hour course provides information on sedative-hypnotic meds, GI drugs, additional information on antibiotics, and reviews cancer chemotherapies. Additionally the nutritional supplements of ginkgo biloba, melatonin, and St. John's wort are examined.
This course is intended to instruct the professional on medications that can affect the outcomes of rehab patients.
• Review drug physiology for oral, intravenous, and
intra-arterial injections including bioavailability and half-life.
• Recognize side effects of sedative-hypnotic and antianxiety medications
• Identify side effects of select gastrointestinal drugs
• Review newer antibiotic medications and identify side effects of these that may interfere with rehab
• Identify at least two major side effects of cancer chemotherapy agents
• Review research findings regarding the nutritional supplements of:
• Ginkgo biloba
• St. John’s Wort
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Name||Category||Last Date||Price|
Toll free Number
Healthcare Management +12 More
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 10
Clinical Pharmacology +2 More
Neurology +2 More