PBI Complete Professional: Non-Doctorate Edition (NDR-2) is organized by Professional Boundaries, Inc. (PBI).
2 CME/CE hours
Based on the premises that all clinicians have the potential to commit an ethics or boundary violation, but that all violations are preventable, this course is an interactive, online course for clinicians who wish to avoid professional lapses. Participants learn how to reduce their own potential for committing a violation and to recognize red flags in themselves and others. This course culminates with the development of a Personalized Protection Plan that will assist clinicians in upholding the ethical and professional obligations of their profession.
Professions this course is suitable for:
PA, RN, PT, NP, MSW, LMFT, RT, EMT and other non-doctoral degreed clinicians.
This course addresses issues such as:
• Professional misconduct
• Non-Sexual and sexual boundary violations
• Workplace relationships and disruptive behavior
• Recognizing power imbalances
• General boundary crossing & violations
• Board-mandated or anticipated disciplinary action
• Team or clinical communication issues
• Demonstrate appropriate clinical decision making by minimizing negative influences
• Adhere to professional boundaries with resultant improvements in physician-patient interaction, which can improve clinical outcomes
• Become aware of the early warning signs and personal risk factors indicative of ethical dilemmas and boundary problems
• Acquire a working understanding of the Ethics / Boundary Formula in order to reduce their own violation potential for ethical and policy transgressions
• Understand how to create their own individual Stratified Ethics Protection Plan to maintain appropriate boundaries
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.