PBI Best Practice Prescribing: Opioids, Pain Management, and Addiction (RX-3) is organized by Professional Boundaries, Inc. (PBI). and will be held from Sep 10, 2018 - Sep 10, 2021.
Course Credit: 3 CME/CE hours
Prescribers will learn best practices that can be implemented right away from our expert faculty. Engaging and timely, this self-paced course covers common misconceptions about opioids and the opioid epidemic, assessment of patients for misuse potential, setting prescribing-related boundaries, team-based pain management approaches, physical dependence vs. addiction, risky prescribing patterns and how to avoid them, and compliance with documentation, laws, and rules.
This course addresses issues such as:
• Inappropriate or unsafe prescribing of CDS
• Inadequate treatment and management of patients with chronic pain
• Documentation that does not comply with laws and regulations
• Poor understanding of drug dependence, addiction, and abuse potential
• Implement safer, more effective treatment of pain with improved outcomes through the application of a comprehensive knowledge of the spectrum of pain medications
• Apply prescribing laws and regulations into clinical practice for the safe and effective use of opioids and controlled substances
• Produce and maintain medical records that document compliance with prescribing laws and document appropriate management and treatment of chronic pain
• Differentiate opioid dependency and addiction to minimize abuse potential and maximize pain management
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Pain Management, Addiction Medicine