CME : 2
Pain Interventions and Treatments is organized by ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC and will be held during May 08, 2018 - Mar 03, 2020.
The target audience for this medical event is Nurses, health care professionals, and interested individuals. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 2.0 Contact Hours.
Effective pain management begins with effective pain assessment. Only after an assessment is completed can the healthcare provider determine how to best manage a client’s pain. Barriers to pain management that can lead to the undertreatment of pain need to be evaluated and, if relevant, addressed appropriately. Once an assessment is completed, interventions and treatment options are implemented and evaluated. Interventions and treatment options can include traditional pharmaceutical options as well as integrative therapies.
The outcome of this course is for the learner to describe the medications commonly used for pain relief, the physical and behavioral strategies used for pain relief, the factors that result in the undertreatment of pain, and the management of acute and/or postoperative pain.
• Advance Practice
• Community Health
• Complementary and Alternative Health
• Cultural Competency
• Holistic Health
• Home Health
• Integrative Health
• Men’s Health
• Pain Management
• Palliative Care
• Women's Health
• Describe the common medications used for pain relief.
• Compare and contrast the types of pain treated by nonopioids and opioids.
• Describe common side effects of nonopioids and opioids.
• Identify the “five rights” of patient safety.
• Compare and contrast types of physical strategies for managing pain.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine