Online Course - The Prescription Drug Abuse Epidemic: Abuse and Diversion of Opioids and Other Illicit Drugs
Organized by : University Learning Systems (ULS)
Specialties : Family Medicine, Pharmacy and Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology, Nursing, Patient and Family Centered Care, Family Practice, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioner
Fee : Starting From USD 99
Online Course - The Prescription Drug Abuse Epidemic: Abuse and Diversion of Opioids and Other Illicit Drugs is organized by University Learning Systems (ULS).
Course Expiration Date: 12/06/2022
This program in its entirety provides 5 hours (0.5 CEU) of ACPE CPE home study credit, AMA Category 2 CME, and CNE pharmacology credit.
At the conclusion of this session, the participant will be able to:
• Describe the extent of diversion occurring in the United States;
• List the most commonly diverted substances;
• Categorize the impact, especially the increase in overdose deaths associated with opioids, of diversion on society and on abusers;
• Compare and contrast the evidence for and against the medical use of all substances discussed;
• Distinguish the abuse & addiction potential of all substances discussed;
• List the most common adverse effects associated with the diverted substances;
• List the sources of diversion;
• Discuss the reasons for the increase in use of diverted substances especially in young people.
Speaker: Edward Fisher, R.Ph., Ph.D., Professor and Dean, College of Pharmacy, Marshall B. Ketchum University, Fullerton, CA. Dr. Fisher has NO financial arrangements with any corporate organization that might have an interest in the subject being presented.
- Hours : 5
- CEU’s : 0.5
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine