Nutrition and Vision: How Diet Influences Eye Disease - Learn the Relationship Between Nutrition and Vision, Key Nutrients for Disease Management, and Supplementation Recommendations
Nutrition and Vision: How Diet Influences Eye Disease - Learn the Relationship Between Nutrition and Vision, Key Nutrients for Disease Management, and Supplementation Recommendations is organized by Great Valley Publishing Company, Inc. (GVP)
Course opens: 08/10/2017
Course expires: 08/09/2020
• 2.00 CDR
This continuing education course reviews the relationship between nutrition and vision with a focus on glaucoma and AMD. Key nutrients for disease management are identified, and supplementation recommendations are examined.
Course content appeared as the CPE Monthly in the August 2017 edition of Today’s Dietitian.
After completing this continuing education course, nutrition professionals should be better able to:
• Evaluate whether supplementation is an effective strategy for eye disease prevention.
• Discuss three micronutrients that are positively associated with slowing the progression of eye disease.
• Compare the different dietary interventions appropriate for management of glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration, and cataract development.
• Identify the risk factors for the development and progression of glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration, and cataract development.
• Analyze statistics and growth rates of eye disease by 2050 and the impact these will have on nutrition intervention and counseling.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
- CE : 2
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine