NOW YOU SEE IT, NOW YOU DON’T: Strategies to Identify & Prevent Drug Diversion is organized by Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC).
Available through: 12/31/2021
Nursing Contact Hours: 1.00
According to the Mayo Clinic, up to 15% of healthcare workers are addicted to drugs of alcohol. These workers develop and feed their addictions through drug diversion. The statistics are alarming and represent the seriousness and scope of the issue of drug diversion in healthcare.
Drug Diversion can play a critical role in patient safety including risk of infection, along with other factors (Possible Impaired Provider and Potential Increase of Patient’s Pain Level).
• Abuse vs Diversion Definition
• Efforts to Prevent Diversion
• Patient Safety --- Infection Control
• Strategies for Identifying & Preventing Diversion
• Chain of Custody for Controlled Substances
• Risk Analysis
• Risk Management --- Using Audit Tools
• Proper Disposal of Controlled Substances
• Best Practices Reporting
• Differentiate between Drug Abuse and Diversion.
• Identify the Strategies Used to Prevent Diversion.
• Identify the Patient Safety Issues related to Drug Diversion.
• Identify the steps to take for a Suspected Diversion.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Pharmacy and Medicine