Non-operative Management of Low Back Pain is organized by Baptist Health South Florida.
Course opens: 04/20/2016
Course expires: 03/01/2022
0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
0.50 ABIM MOC
0.50 General certificate of attendance
Low back pain is a cause of many visits to the emergency department. Between 70% and 85% of the population will suffer from back pain at some point in their lives. This lecture is designed to assist physicians in determining the causes of low back pain.
• Identify the mechanics of the lumbar spine as it relates to various degenerative processes.
• Describe the workup/diagnostic testing of low back pain to identify the correct pain generators.
• Review nonsurgical treatment options for low back pain, including physical therapy, local injections, medications, etc.
• Evaluate the current algorithms for management of nonspecific and radicular low back pain.
• Recognize the role of emergency management and family medicine in the treatment of low back pain.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Neurologists, Neurosurgeons, Neuro-Oncologists, Neuro-Radiologists, Diagnostic Radiologists, Critical Care Medicine Physicians, Neurointensivists, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Internal Medicine Physicians, Family Medicine Physicians, General Internists and Physician Assistants.