Nociceptive Pain is organized by National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) and will be held from Apr 10, 2017 - Feb 25, 2020. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.0 Contact Hour.
The goal of this course is to provide the learner with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to assess and identify the type of nociceptive pain, the pathophysiology of nociceptive pain and interventions that provide relief from suffering associated with types of nociceptive pain.
• Differentiate between visceral and somatic pain
• Describe the characteristics associated with somatic and visceral pain and provide two examples of each type of pain
• Explain the pathophysiology of nociceptive pain
• List the two types of somatic pain and localization characteristics of each type
• List types of pharmacologic treatments used to treat the different types of nociceptive pain
• Describe non-pharmaceutical methods of treatment for nociceptive pain
Physiology and Biophysics, Pain Medicine