New Drug Update Series 30
Organized by : University Learning Systems (ULS)
Specialties : Family Medicine, Pharmacy and Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology, Nursing, Patient and Family Centered Care, Family Practice, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioner
Fee : Starting From USD 199
New Drug Update Series 30 is organized by University Learning Systems (ULS).
Course Expiration Date: 05/01/2022
This program in its entirety provides 10 hours (1.0 CEU) of ACPE CPE home study credit, AMA Category 2 CME, and CNE pharmacology credit.
At the conclusion of this session, the participant will be able to:
• Identify recent FDA drug communications, including but not limited to, labeling changes, warnings, new indications, new dosage forms and MedWatch alerts.
• Discuss the new drugs with respect to their pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, approved and unapproved indications.
• Describe their adverse effects and drug interaction that may affect patient compliance.
• Compare efficacy, dosage and cost to existing agents.
• Discuss the patient oriented outcomes or evidence that may or may not exist for each of the new medications and when they may or may not be appropriate to recommend for selected patients.
• Compare pharmacotherapy outcomes vs cost/benefit between newly approved agents and existing or lower cost agents.
Speaker: C. Wayne Weart, Pharm.D., FASHP, FAPhA, BCPS
Professor Emeritus of Family Medicine, Department of Family Medicine
Medical University of South Carolina, Professor Emeritus of Clinical Pharmacy and Outcome Sciences, South Carolina College of Pharmacy, MUSC Campus, Charleston, South Carolina.
End of life care
- Hours : 10
- CEU’s : 1
Social Media Info :
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine