CME : 1.5
Naturopathy: A Natural System of Healing is organized by ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC and will be held from May 12, 2018 - Dec 15, 2020.
The target audience for this medical event is Nurses, health care professionals, and interested individuals. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.50 Contact hours. (AOTA CEUs: 0.15)
Naturopathic medicine has a long, complex history. Considered a way of life and a system of healing encompassing many different modalities, naturopathy is experiencing a resurgence today as a result of the dissatisfaction many Americans feel about conventional medicine and the growing interest and respect for alternative and complementary methods of healing.
The outcome of this course is for the learner to describe naturopathy, its history, the principles and schools of thought which comprise this healing system, the training and educational requirements of naturopathic practitioners, and the issues inherent in the future of naturopathy.
Course Objectives are :
• Define naturopathic medicine.
• Describe the founding influences of naturopathy.
• Examine the schools of thought that form the philosophical basis of naturopathy.
• Discuss the six principles of naturopathy.
• Compare and contrast the educational requirements of the categories of naturopathic practitioners.
• Identify conditions for which naturopathic medicine may be beneficial.
• Describe training, licensing, and efficacy issues related to naturopathic medicine.
• Examine issues related to the integration of naturopathy medicine into mainstream healthcare.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Contact Hours 2
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine