Modalities for Massage and Bodywork Module 3: Craniosacral & Neuromuscular Therapy, Deep Tissue Mass is organized by HomeCEU. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 5 Contact Hours.
Target Audience :
Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Massage Therapists, and Athletic Trainers.
This course utilizes text from the softback textbook by Elaine Stillerman, LMT “Modalities for Massage and Bodywork” ©2008. Gain a better understanding of the top modalities in massage practice with expert insight and a balanced, user-friendly approach. This current, consistently organized resource distills a wealth of information on 21 popular massage modalities into easy-to-read overviews detailing the essential principles behind each therapy.
Course Goals :
This course is intended to instruct the professional through a self-paced study on craniosacral therapy, neuromuscular therapy and deep tissue massage, and trigger point release.
Professional Objectives :
At the conclusion of this course, the participant will be able to:
• Identify 7 listening stations to be used for a general evaluation of the craniosacral system.
• Identify and differentiate between the flexion and extension phase of the craniosacral rhythm.
• Define energy cysts.
• List 6 contraindications of craniosacral therapy.
• Identify and differentiate between central and attachment trigger points.
• Recognize 10 characteristics of European NMT protocols.
• List 6 summaries of rehabilitation sequencing.
• Identify 6 guidelines when addressing most myofascial tissue problems.
• Identify and differentiate between a contraction, spasm and contracture.
• Identify and differentiate between an active trigger point, latent trigger point, primary trigger point, satellite trigger point and a key trigger point.
• Recognize how to treat an attachment trigger point if inflammation is suspected.
• List 3 questions frequently used to guide a session of communication during therapy
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Name||Category||Last Date||Price|
Toll free Number
Alternative Medicine +6 More
Contact Hours 2
Alternative Medicine +5 More
Pathology +1 More
Contact Hours 2