Mental Health and Aging is organized by ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC and will be held during May 08, 2018 - Jul 11, 2020.
The target audience for this medical event is Nurses, health care professionals, and interested individuals. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 2.0 Contact Hours.
This course will provide health care professionals with an overview of mental health and aging, including mental health wellness strategies, mental health disorders, cultural competence, cultural diversity, complementary and alternative medicine treatments, animal-assisted therapy and mental health, mental health resources, and trends in mental health and aging. This course describes the most commonly occurring mental health problems experienced by older adults and important factors related to mental health promotion and wellness.
The outcome of this course is for the learner to discuss the most commonly occurring mental health problems experienced by older adults and important factors related to mental health promotion and wellness, as well as strategies, therapies, and services that may be directed at improving the mental health of the elderly.
• Advance Practice
• Behavioral Health
• Brain Health
• Complementary and Alternative Health
• Holistic Health
• Home Health
• Long-Term Care
• Men’s Health
• Mental Health
• Occupational Therapy
• Pain Management
• Palliative Care
• Psychiatric Health
• Social Work
• Women's Health
• Describe the factors related to mental health promotion and wellness.
• Identify and describe the five most common mental health and emotional disorders and the current forms of intervention and/or treatment.
• Discuss the provision of culturally competent mental health care.
• Explore cultural factors that influence mental health in the older adult.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Geriatrics, Mental Health and Law