Meditation and Brain Health is organized by ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC and will be held during May 07, 2018 - Oct 01, 2020.
The target audience for this medical event is Nurses, health care professionals, and interested individuals. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.50 Contact Hours.
Meditation is a mind-body practice with many methods and variations that are all based on the silence and stillness of present-moment awareness. Exciting research is showing that a regular practice of meditation causes physical changes in the brain that can be beneficial to mental and physical health. Meditation can also change the way the brain functions.
The outcome of this course is for the learner to examine current neuroscience research and the effects of meditation on brain waves, identify meditation techniques to enhance brain health, and explore the psychological and physiological effects of meditation.
• Advance Practice
• Brain Health
• Complementary and Alternative Health
• Home Health
• Integrative Health
• Management and Leadership
• Maternal Child
• Men’s Health
• Mental Health
• Occupational Therapy
• Pain Management
• Palliative Care
• Psychiatric Health
• Social Work
• Stress Management
• Women's Health
Conference Objectives are:
• Explain the effects of meditation on the brain.
• Describe the effects of meditation on brain waves.
• Identify types and techniques of meditation that enhance brain health.
• Describe the physiological effects of the regular practice of meditation.
• Describe the psychological effects of the regular practice of meditation.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.