PBI Medical Ethics & Professionalism (ME-15T) is organized by Professional Boundaries Education.
15 CME/CE hours
Like all PBI Education offerings, this course is grounded in the premise that everyone has the potential to commit a boundary or ethics violation. Many health care professionals referred to this course have never learned the intricacies of the legal, regulatory, and ethical obligations of their professions.
This course includes a comprehensive combination of self-study assignments and reading one-on-one coaching with faculty. Participants also join four weekly, telephonic Maintenance and Accountability Seminars to reinforce what has been learned, elevate accountability, and engages them in a community of peer review and support. The course is aimed at developing deep personal insights and preventing serious problems in the future.
Professions this course is suitable for:
Physicians, dentists, veterinarians, chiropractors, physician assistants, nurses, mental health providers, EMT's, physical therapists, students, and a wide variety of other clinicians.
This course addresses issues such as:
• Misrepresentation, falsification, cheating
• Financial improprieties
• Breaking laws
• HIPAA or confidentiality violations
• Practicing on an expired license
• Gain an understanding of moral authority and ethical decision making
• Understand the relationship between ethical content and ethical process
• Review codes and laws relevant to their specific offense
• Communicate the harm done from ethical/legal violations
• Identify and define violation potentials for ethical issues utilizing the Ethics Formula
• Create an Ethics Protection Plan to maintain and safeguard professional ethics
• Learn to utilize peer group discussions for ethical dilemma resolution
Mental Health and Law, Medical Education