Sports Medicine for the Primary Care Provider - Online
Sports Medicine for the Primary Care Provider - Online is organized by Mayo Clinic.
Course opens: 10/25/2019
Course expires: 10/24/2022
This online course is designed for family physicians, internists, sports medicine physicians, physical therapists, ARNPs, PAs, physiatrists, pediatricians, ER physicians, orthopedists and medical providers in a clinic or nonoperative/nonsurgical/noninvasive setting involved in the care and management of athletes and active individuals.
• 9.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
• 9.25 Attendance
This online course will give participants the confidence to accurately diagnose and treat sports-related conditions and the knowledge to determine appropriate testing and referral criteria. Topics covered include musculoskeletal conditions and procedural techniques primary care clinicians can utilize for athletes and active individuals.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Recall diagnostic modalities to address sports medicine injuries with the ability to correctly diagnose and treat the patient with the most useful information at the least cost
• Determine an athlete's ability to return to sports and regular activities after an injury
• Choose appropriate physical exams and testing for sports injuries commonly seen in the primary care setting
• Summarize when expeditious testing or referral to a specialist is appropriate
Participation in this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
- CME : 9.25
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 5 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine