Massive Transfusion Protocols and Indications: Urban Versus Suburban/Rural is organized by American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) and will be held from Aug 14, 2019 To Jun 09, 2022.
Physicians, Nurses, Laboratory Staff
AABB estimates both the live and on-demand version of this eCast each to be eligible for 1 continuing education credits/contact hours for Physicians, California Nurse, California Lab Personnel, Florida Lab Personnel and General Participation credit
AABB designates each audioconference for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of the activity.
Topic: Transfusion Medicine
In this program, Dr. Thomasson will share his experience with his institutional MTP protocol from an active urban center. He will also discuss technical aspects of MTP design and challenges when MTPs are in high demand. Alternatively, Dr. Prokopchuk-Gauk will share her experience developing and implementing an MTP in a suburban/rural area where the demand is lower. She will also share challenges with maintaining MTP in a low volume center.
After participating in this educational activity, participants should be able to:
• Discuss MTP protocols in an urban setting.
• Discuss indications for MTP in an urban setting.
• Discuss challenges and opportunities for QC for MTP in the urban setting.
• Identify MTP protocols in a suburban/rural setting.
• Discuss indications for MTP in a suburban/rural setting.
• Discuss challenges and opportunities for QC for MTP in the suburban/rural setting.